Sunday, February 3, 2008

winning championships

[music: CSS- Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex]

As some people know, on Friday night,a trade rocked the Western Conference of the NBA. Pau Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies was traded to the LA Lakers. To most people, and when I mean most people, I mean sane people, it was a steal. To think, the Lakers got Pau for Kwame Brown (always loses the ball), and Javaris Crittenton (a rookie with good potential, but some sacrifices have to be made), along with 2 first round draft picks. WHAT?! Yes. Yes. Now, I hear a lot of sports analysts out there saying that the country should prepare itself for the '80s reinvented- that is, a Boston-Lakers matchup. Now, now, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Today, the Lakers majorly kicked the Washington Wizards' butts on their home floor, but Pau didn't suit up, but he did shoot in the shoot around, as he didn't have a jersey, nor did he have time to practice with the team. Pau has yet to play a full game, but look at the starting lineup of the Lakers once Andrew Bynum gets healthy:

PG- Derek Fisher
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Pau Gasol
C- Andrew Bynum

Holy crap. I don't know, but I know the rest of the Western Conference is probably worried. As a Los Angeles local, I am very much looking forward to the Laker game on Tuesday, as Pau will most likely play. Let's see how it goes. Is a championship on the horizon? Not necessarily for this year, but the future looks really bright.

On another note, congrats to the New England Patriots on their Perfect Season! w00t NEW YORK GIANTS!!!! Congrats on kicking the Patriots' butts. Amazing. I can't believe it. I hate the Patriots, for acting so arrogant, and I can't get over their cheating allegation. And frankly, I'm tired of them. Ok. No more hate. In any case, I thought there would be some crazy party I would be at, but honestly, I enjoyed myself a lot better with just my family eating pizza and drinking soda, and it helped that we all cheered for the same team. Duude. Fourth quarter. Normally, the Super Bowl is like a major blowout, but not this one! I really was so panicky in the fourth quarter, and I was freaking out that the Patriots were gonna win. I seriously felt my heart racing. Geez. I don't think I've ever been this worked up over the football game. Oh man.

This entry is brought to you by our friends at SportsCenter.

<3

No comments: