Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall '09

I initially wanted to have the "annoying" post and this one put together in one super-post since I haven't posted in a while. However, I did find that I had quite a bit of annoyances in my life that I felt it was taking all the attention away from the fact that the new school year started. Anyway, like discussed in the previous post, briefly, the university is broke, so there are quite a few furlough days. Honestly, I do feel guilty, as I don't think I utilized mine to the full potential. It's okay though, my grandma had cataract surgery, so I was a the hospital for a few hours. So, I just wanted to say that I like having most of the people I know and like in the same classes as me. It's been interesting, to say the least.

class reviews!
  • Mycology/Parasitology- The professor for this class is so funny and kinda sweet at the same time. I really like him. He's rather elderly, sort of like a cool grandpa to be honest. A friend of mine took this class last semester and she had positve thing to say, so I'm looking forward to the rest of the class. He does have a rather distracting comb-over though, and sometimes find myself looking at it, but honestly, I think he's such a cool guy, I'll let it slide.
  • Molecular Biology- The professor of this class seems like a nice woman. She cracks jokes sometimes and she's really clear in presenting material. Plus, she gives little questions like a study guide, which is great. I also have this class with a friend, so it's even better. Not going to lie, though, the class seems to drag on for what seems like 2x the length of the normal class time.
  • Microbial Genetics- I had a rather bad first meeting with this professor. She's a bit intense, and she caught me a bit off guard. During roll, she called me by my middle name, and then proceeded to tell me to speak up or be dropped from her class. Scary, to say the least. Still, she seems tough, but really knowledgeable in the material. I think I'll be enjoying her class.
  • Biochemistry I- Wow. Let me just say that. The professor for this class is kinda scary. He's pretty tough and I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about him. He goes through things rather quickly and doesn't speak very loudly. I think I'm going to spend a lot of time going over the material.

Lab work's been going rather well. However, with the furlough and the 3 day weekend too, I'm finding it rather difficult to run experiments, especially as I need to check on them every few days and stuff. I need to just keep working.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who gets distracted rather easily. Not good, as I recently am totally addicted to the show Glee. It's amazing. Screw the people who say it's like High School Musical. Totally not. Anyway, my Wednesdays will be filled with that show. I'm feeling rather lucky that the Lakers don't start playing until October, or else I'll really be distracted. I <3 those guys. Can't wait for them to get their rings. Too bad about Trevor. and I hope Pau gets his finger healed in time for the EuroBasket. I know it's important for him to play.

God, please give me strength to not blow up. I need to be functioning this week.

No comments: